People didn't always hate Zagat, but Google's new vision for the iconic restaurant review guide has not been widely accepted. The service became free, but Google also revamped it and limited the number of cities it tracked. The new update makes some tweaks to the app and expands the supported cities, but it's probably not going to do much to improve the app's 2.4 star rating.
Here's the changelog for the new update:
- Great new layout for tablets
- Many more locations, including New Jersey, Miami, Houston, Long Island
- Easy access to Zagat ratings and reviews, right from the home screen
- Shopping and Hotel ratings and reviews
- Google Street View panoramas
- Numerous bug fixes and improvements
The update reportedly makes much better use of Google Maps on tablets, but there are some tweaks for phones too. The Street View integration includes panoramas of the inside of the establishment, if available. There are still some gaps in the data provided by the new Zagat, but it's getting better with each update.