Google doesn't provide an obvious user-facing way to get locally saved media files from your phone to your TV using Chromecast. It's a bit annoying, but whatever, we have options now. There's AllCast for starters, but if you would prefer not to have to deal with yet another app, Solid Explorer has added the ability to stream files directly from the file browser. All you need is the latest version and a separate plugin.
To shoot a file over to Chromecast, just share to the Solid Explorer Cast plugin the way you would any other app. An attractive controller interface will then appear, letting you do your thing.
The latest version of Solid Explorer supports connecting to multiple Copy accounts and introduces a number of bug fixes. You can see them below.
- Chromecast support (as separate plugin)
- Fixed folders appearing as files on some WebDav servers
- Fixed reconnection on FTP and SFTP servers after broken network connection
- Fixed wrong file modification dates in Copy client
- Ability to connect multiple Copy accounts
Solid Explorer Unlocker
Solid Explorer Cast Plugin